Monday, April 12, 2010

People should watch this to Educate themselves!!

So I recently watched the movie An Education, I hadn't heard about it from anyone but it was nominated for a bunch of stuff and got awards I guess. I didn't know what it was about except for the hint that the title of the movie gives about the plot. I really liked it and Alex didn't like it much. It's not like a movie to watch for entertainment though, no action or comedians. I thought it had a great message and story. So I am going to say that I would recommend watching it because I think it is moving. It wasn't like "tear fest" or anything I only teared up a little bit because you can somewhat predict what is going to happen and it breaks your heart when it does. This girl is smart, witty, clever, driven, and beautiful. She has so much going for her and you watch her go down this slippery slope. Drawn away from her dreams and goals to go to Oxford University. What was once important to her isn't anymore and she finds her morals and expectations slipping as well. She thought she was being smart and finds out that it wasn't smart or what she wanted at all. I think a lot of people have had experiences like this maybe not as extreme. I know I have as a youth. It is sometimes hard to protect ourselves from temptation especially if it is disguised at first and slowly reveals it's true self. We should never lose sight of what is most important to us; our goals, dreams, morals, and expectations, our future. We are here to make our own decisions and there is always a choice, even after we have made mistakes we can chose differently and we can change the path we are on.





And of course everyone knows that the movie The Blindside is amazing and wonderful. If you haven't seen it you had better! YOU WILL LOVE IT!

2 comments:

  1. i think you need to delete me from your blog roll, then re add me. it's still linked to the old URL so it wont show you the updates. maybe that's it, just a guess!

    but i loved this video. i had it up all day on my screen til i had the chance to watch it :)

    http://cestlasara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I am completely surprised by the trailer. I thought it was a documentary or something at first. My sisters and mom need to watch this for a girls night - STAT! Thanks for sharing. Oh, and blind side really is fantastic, huh?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...