Friday, February 12, 2010

A day at the office




My job is very interesting sometimes. Like today especially. Things happen here that are weird to explain and all together don't make sense. I love the people I work with we all get along great. Some days the atmosphere here is just unusual. When I returned to my desk from my lunch break I found on my desk an alarmingly strange heap of tied together newspaper articles with scribbles and random tape rubber banded and such that says "do you know him?" all over it, I was kinda creeped out and also trying not to laugh about it at the same time cause it was so weird. So I had to go and ask about it and everyone was like "What the?!, that's freaky" So I got to the bottom if and ended up just throwing it away because really? who would want to read that? There are some things that happened and were said today that I dare not repeat after my boss walked into the call center and apparently snapped at two of our new employees. One of them was furious about it (and still is) the other just kinda looked down and apologized I guess. This also took place while I was on my lunch break so when I got back everyone was acting weird and that funky work atmosphere was everywhere it felt like walking into a room of frustration, fear and anger. I found the newspaper pile at my desk and then found out about everything else. The newspaper had written on it that it was to my boss from her mom so I had to ask and she told me to just throw it away, not to worry about it. so I did.



There is a restroom in a hallway of our office building that has been out of order for months...... the thought of it just grosses me out. I am not even sure who put the out of order sign up on the door or how long the bathroom was "messed up" before then but that sign has been on the door for literally months and that door has remained closed. I think there were a few attempts in the first few weeks to fix the problem but nothing worked I guess and it is still closed and "out of order" today I guess no one is willing to go in there now and even address the problem. they would rather just use a different restroom as there are still three others available to use.

When I first started working here there was a much worse problem with bugs-more specifically spiders in our office. One morning I got to work I received a mass email to the office about a rattlesnake that was found in our office the night before. And also that our tenants had been complaining about a mouse problem which is probably what attracted the rattlesnake to come in here. We basically don't have pest control, and if it is extremely necessary (like with the mice) someone from the office has to deal with it like setting mouse traps rather than hiring pest control to take care of it. So it would make sense that there is a bug problem because the place is never sprayed for insects and not very often cleaned apart from the garbage being taken out. This you would think might cause me to be more brave when it comes to spiders and such... WRONG!! I am still totally squeamish when it comes to spiders.. I have killed more spiders than my whole lifetime combined since I have worked here but I still freak out and nearly have a heart attack when I see them and my heart feels like it is going to pound out of my chest for like the next 15 minutes after the spider is dead. Within a few weeks of working here I saw the biggest (non tarantula) spider that I have ever seen in my life! It was terrible! and it was found in the bathroom!! like they say in the movie Zombieland you are your most vulnerable when you are in the bathroom.... "beware of bathrooms" so after that huge spider was found in there we all were super paranoid using the bathrooms for creepy crawlers hanging out in there. There is a lot that goes on here but we enjoy ourselves and do the best we can...

2 comments:

  1. gross gross gross
    When i lived in Mesa, I swear to you, I killed at least a bazillion cockroaches a day. I hated that place.

    What a weird job you have haha, maybe you're office is haunted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spiders are the WORST!! YUCK! My office was bad too but I brought in Ortho Home Defense and haven't seen ANY since I sprayed. I use it at home too. That stuff's intense!

    Sounds like a pretty interesting work environment! At least you're enjoying it :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...