Monday, January 11, 2010

Boreal- Night Skiing














This weekend on Saturday we went snowboarding at Boreal. We went night skiing because it costs less. The night skiing starts at 3:30 so we got there around 4pm and left at about 8pm. It has been 2 years since I last went snowboarding, but I did fine I even went on the most difficult run and just avoided the monster size jumps and those kind of things. This was Alex's second time snowboarding and he did pretty well He was trying to carve and falling a lot, but he had fun. We found out last night that Alex may actually be "goofy footed" so he probably had the wrong foot forward on Saturday
I was ran into twice by snowboarders who apparently were not watching where they were going or they just didn't care. I saw some of the worst snowboarding I think I have ever seen at this place it was funny, they were not in control of their skis/snowboards and were getting way too close to other people while going down the slope so that was kind of weird and is probably why I got ran into and there were several close calls where people were kind of scary to be next to. When Alex and I had finished about our 4th run down the "medium level" lift we were heading back to get in line to go up again and Alex was about to run into my board with his so I "gently" pushed him away a bit and he fell backwards into the snow and said "come on!" sarcastically I didn't actually mean to push him over but it must have looked like it to Alex and the people who were now laughing at us. Alex did really well, but by about 7pm he was ready to go home and didn't want to go on any more runs. I did three more and then we went home. Alex was very sore the next day. We had a good time and I am excited to go again.

4 comments:

  1. That's not the only goofy thing Alex has!!! Love the blog...not sure about the music???
    E

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a blog!! I'm SO excited! Now that we've ditched the Facebook, blogs are the only way we can keep in touch with people. I'm so glad we'll be able to stay posted on the Schaub's! Sounds like boarding was lots of fun (maybe more for you but I'm sure Alex will start liking it more the better he gets). How's life? How are things going? How's your puppy (or maybe not so much of a puppy anymore) We miss you! Keep blogging cause we need to know what's going on with you two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, Sherbear! Are you still in Provo? what're you doing these days??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shury Bello

    How did I JUST find your blog?!

    That is a cute pic of you guys :)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...